Head of Content
Role: Head of Content
Location: remote to start with, then London.
Company Bio: Sports Loft is a community of the most exciting tech companies operating in sports, media and entertainment. We seek out the very best companies and provide them with the support that they need in order to grow and fulfil their potential. We are based in London but operate with a very global perspective. We have 9 “member” companies with 2 in the UK and 7 from the US.
Position: We are hiring for a "Head of Content" - a key role to tell the fantastic stories of the companies that are members at Sports Loft.
This role will suit somebody who can both think strategically about content (eg developing the right tone of voice, thinking about new content formats) but also deliver great content on a day-to-day level (eg writing the newsletter, posting to social, organising guests for the podcast etc ..).
The successful candidate will need to think (and deliver against) the content needs for Sports Loft, but also to work closely with our member companies and to help them tell their stories.
They will be expected to take ownership and to deliver content themselves across website, social, newsletter, podcasts, livestreams and more.
- Take the lead role in building Sports Loft’s content capabilities and set the content strategy for Sports Loft.
- Take ownership of producing and delivering high quality content across all channels – website, social, podcasts, livestreams, newsletters
- Work closely with the Sports Loft member companies to understand & deliver against their content needs including white papers, interviews, videos etc..
- Focus on increasing key metrics across Sports Loft content – registrations, engagement etc..
- Work closely with the CEO, Head of Strategy and Sports Loft companies
- Take ownership of organising and delivering events such as in-person events and regular livestreams.
- Work with the broader team to deliver a great experience for users on the Sports Loft website and all digital channels.
- Strong preference for B2B / Tech background with experience of developing B2B content in a way that is interesting and engaging for the audience.
- Most likely you have strong editorial experience, or a brand comms background with lots of content experience.
- You have worked in a fast-paced environment
- Delivered content across multiple channels: running social accounts, developing website content, producing podcasts, basic video editing, running livestreams and delivering newsletters.
- Approx 5 years content experience – but showing the quality of content you have produced previously, your ability to think about your audience, a track record of delivering across multiple channels, and a desire to grow Sports Loft’s “story telling” capability is more important than “X” years experience.
- An ability to take ownership and get things done. This isn't a managerial role with a team to manage - we're looking for someone who can combine the strategy and execution, but get it done themselves.
- Excellent written / editorial skills
- Digitally savvy – familiarity with key content and digital marketing tools
- Able to think about different content idea and what will engage our audience.
- Being a positive influence on those around them – able to build relationships quickly
- Able to come up with creative content ideas and work through problems to come to a solution
- Desire to embrace new ideas and technologies – and to try things.
An existing network in the sports industry would be advantageous but it is not a pre-requisite. However a keen interest in new technologies and the startup eco-system is very important – we’re looking for the sort of person whose idea of good holiday reading is books about the growth of Amazon, AirBnB, Uber and Google. The sort of person who listens to 20 min VC, reads Sifted and The information. The sort of person who is excited by the opportunity to tell the story of some of the most exciting tech companies in sports, media and entertainment.
NB The emphasis here is on B2B / Tech in the sports / media sector - it's not a sports content role.
For more about Sports Loft, check out our website
To apply, please email: email@example.com