Partnerships Executive, North America
Role Title: Partnerships Executive, North America
Manager: Chief Commercial Officer
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: New York
Date: September 2023
Annual Salary: $70K USD
Other Benefits: Bonus & Sales Incentive Scheme and Insurance (Health, Vision & Dental)
We help the world’s leading sports properties tell their stories.
We do this by building powerful software, partnering with leading commentators and using our unique commercial insight to allow sports leagues and broadcasters to drive fan engagement so they can achieve their strategic goals.
Our Virtual Commentary Studio and Media Gateway are used to produce and distribute hundreds of sporting events into TVs and mobile phones around the world every week. Our Talent Marketplace supports thousands of professional sports commentators in 50 languages to find work. And sports organizations from the NFL to World Rugby trust us to deliver their content with multilingual or influencer commentary.
Spalk is a place that values people and what they bring to the table—their personality and their skills.
We appreciate great work, and love working with people who do, too. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity at Spalk and relish having people from all backgrounds and orientations working with us!
About the Role - Partnerships Executive, North America
Role Purpose and Key Tasks
Have a passion for the sports broadcasting industry?
Spalk is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Partnerships Executive to join our New York based team. In this role you will be reporting into our Chief Commercial Officer and will be responsible for driving revenue across the Americas region with a focus on tier 1 and tier 2 professional sports leagues and broadcasters across the United States and Canada. We are looking for candidates with a high level of knowledge of the sports broadcasting and cloud production technology space and sales experience.
Through building relationships with broadcasters, rights holders and sports organizations around the region you will showcase Spalk’s Virtual Commentary Studio and suite of services, drive demos and PoCs and negotiate partnership agreements for new and existing Spalk clients.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
● Identifying, researching and meeting new clients
● Preparing and presenting sales presentations and proposals
● Performing demonstrations of Spalk’s Virtual Commentary Studio to prospective clients
● Responding to briefs from current and potential clients
● Liaising with our Solutions Consultant on more complex projects
● Negotiating and closing new business
● Growing the spend from existing clients in the region
● Liaising with the Production Team to on-board new clients and ensure the continuation of
Spalk’s hallmark gold standard customer service
● Supporting the wider commercial team on additional projects where necessary
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● This role is based in Spalk’s New York office with the expectation that you are to use that as a place of work for at least 60% of your time unless otherwise approved by your manager.
● When working remote, you must at all times have access to quality internet within working hours.
● The position may include additional travel requirements to meetings, client on-sites and conferences in North America.
Qualities & Attributes
● Shows care in what you do: You take the time to listen and understand, and then works to solve the real problem and bring joy to our customers—knowing it’s always worth the extra effort
● You’re a clear and empathetic communicator, who has a knack for understanding how Spalk can fit into the clients production needs and workflows.
● You’re a great teammate who will be working closely with our whole team. You love working with others and having fun!
● Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as excellent command of written and verbal English.
● Fluency in Spanish is not required but a plus
● Minimum of 2 years experience in a sales or commercial environment. Buyer side experience is also ok.
● Proven experience either selling or buying SaaS, content or technology services in the sports broadcasting technology industry is a must.
● Someone who’s just as comfortable working as a self-starter as they are working as a part of a team, with a revenue focused mindset.
● Strong attention to detail
● Friendly, personable and can develop strong relationships with customers.
● Eager to learn, grow and deepen their knowledge and footprint in Spalk and our business’ young journey from a small start-up to global content distribution platform.
What We Offer in Return
● We will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package
● Benefits package will commission for deals brought in under Spalk’s Bonus and Sales incentive scheme. These commissions are uncapped.
● We provide a supportive, encouraging and collaborative environment where work-life balance is important.
● We’re a place that values people and what they bring to the table—their personality and their skills. We appreciate great work, and love working with people who do too.
● We’ll support you to pursue your personal and professional goals—both in the office and outside of it. We want to foster your curiosity!
● You’ll do work that’s challenging and meaningful, and you’ll be empowered to exercise your skills and judgment.
● We’ll give you the tools and resources you need to succeed!