Sr. Database Engineer
Ready for your next big challenge?
We are looking for a great Senior level Database Engineer to join our growing team and help push sports analytics to the next level!
We are seeking a results-oriented database engineer to help optimize the performance of our organization's databases. You will be enhancing our data storage capacity, writing new support programs and scripts, and troubleshooting database code.
To ensure success as a database engineer, you should exhibit knowledge of best practices in database management and experience in a similar role. A top-notch database engineer will be someone whose database optimization skills translate into the efficient flow of information throughout an organization, and works collaboratively with others on the team.
"So - what is Pumpjack Dataworks?"
Pumpjack Dataworks is a Customer Data Platform designed to extend and enrich fan databases, to help Sports & Entertainment right holders manage and monetize their fan data. We're already working with top tier teams such as the Major League Rugby, Dallas Mavericks, Real Madrid, Inter Miami CF, Hong Kong Rugby, World Table Tennis, and plenty of others.
We've closed a successful investment round, have multiple investments from industry leaders, and are rapidly marching toward a Series A. We're gearing up for this rocket ride and are looking to bring some top shelf talent along with us.
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database programs.
- Assisting database development teams in designing new database programs that meet the organization's data storage needs.
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Writing new support programs and scripts to increase data storage capacity.
- Reviewing database and user reports, as well as system information.
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentoring database administrators and providing them with technical support.
- Adhering to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
- Bachelor's degree or beyond in information systems, information technology, computer science, or similar.
- Applicable licensing, certification, and registration.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in database engineering.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, and object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture, including stream-processing systems: Kafka, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with Databricks or AWS cloud services
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have three locations - Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, and London, but offer remote opportunities anywhere in the US or Canada
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a core team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing. For contractors, insurance benefits follow a probation period.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Sports Access: We offer opportunities to meet with professional sports franchises and engage with some events (live and virtual)
Please note: Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.