Senior Java Developer
Greenfly isn't just another platform; we're a collaborative hub where authentic and compelling digital content comes to life. We're on the lookout for a talented Software Engineer who's not only well-versed in Java but also has a knack for crafting services within the Spring application framework.
What You'll Do
As a senior Java Developer at Greenfly, you'll be an architect behind the scenes, designing and developing the APIs and services that form the backbone of our platform. You'll team up with our passionate engineers and product managers to create solutions that not only meet our customers' needs but also drive the growth of the Greenfly community.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop platform APIs & services.
- Shape high-performance Java code across various platform components, from GraphQL queries/mutations to integration clients.
- Proactively engage as a thought leader within the team, driving innovative approaches and strategies that elevate our front-end development practices.
- Dive into solutions creation and troubleshoot issues promptly.
- Drive code reviews, optimizations, and enhancements in both memory and persistence operations.
- Champion best practices for high-performing web apps and ensure they're part of our DNA.
- You're a seasoned Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience in crafting APIs and Restful Services.
- Distributed applications are your playground, thanks to your solid grasp of object-oriented programming.
- Whether it's against Relational or Key/Value storage engines, you're a pro at building mapping layers for custom CRUD operations.
- The modern world of API development, especially GraphQL, is familiar territory for you.
- A BS Degree or equivalent in software engineering is your foundation.
What Gets You Bonus Points
- You're naturally curious and empathetic, with a knack for putting yourself in the user's shoes.
- You're a team player, valuing collaboration over ego.
- While you take your work seriously, you recognize that fostering connections and shared goals drive us to achieve greatness together.
About Our Work
At Greenfly, we're believers in the power of small, agile teams. We leverage our continuous deployment system to ship code with confidence. Team trust is critical, and learning is a journey we embark on together.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Greenfly's values. We like candidates who are curious, enthusiastic, and have a generous spirit. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life at Greenfly.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options: you'll be a co-owner of the company
- Health benefits: comprehensive coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible Time-Off Policy: uncapped PTO - no limit on vacation days
- Latest generation Apple MacBook Pro with necessary peripherals to equip your home office
- Our Santa Monica HQ is at the center of the LA tech community
- Support fully remote teams but the role must be based in the United States